Friday, February 04, 2011

Vintage peace on earth

Here is another vintage Christmas card I made a while ago.  This one features micro beads on the focal image. It's the first (and probably last) time I've tried using micro beads. I'm not sure that I really like the look - seems a bit blurry to me. Maybe I'll just stick to crackle effects from now on!



Supplies
Paper - PTI vintage cream cardstock, green and gold card from stash, DCWV Mariposa patterned paper stack
Accessories - Kathleen Green collage sheet, micro beads, Kaisercraft rhinestones, Fundamentals petites alphabet stickers, foam mounting tape, sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. Anne, I like the muted softness from the micro beads. Makes it look unique...and I love the stitching and the glittery butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I adore the mats within a mat look here. Agreed, the microbeads are very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the microbeads - lends it a very muted vintagey touch. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a pretty card! I think the microbeads are a fun embellishment to use sometimes-- if you didn't like them this time, maybe you'd like them over a bolder image, that has fewer details that will be obscured? Still, a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete