Friday, April 13, 2012

Scarborough Fair

I had a great few days exploring Scarborough and Whitby during my time in the UK.  No fair (apparently it was last held in 1788) but lots to see in both towns.  We had tea at the Grand Hotel (top left) which is sadly not as grand as it used to be in its Victorian heyday.  But the walk along the promenade was still dramatic (especially given the stormy weather!) and an added bonus was the presence of a police box or, perhaps, the Tardis. I don't think there are many of these left now.

P1010848_new

1 comment:

  1. Anne, thank you for the nice comment you left for me! It's great to be back. I am so enjoying looking through your vacation layouts! The UK is my #1 dream of a place to visit, so I am vicariously soaking up the atmosphere! (And . . . I just bought that memory box window die a couple of entries down--lovely card!)

    ReplyDelete