Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Not enough time...

Seems like I have so much to do at the moment that it's a struggle to find time when I can get into the craft room! I've been sorting out things around the house and spending a lot of time in the garden weeding, picking fruit and dealing with all the other seasonal tasks.

Last week I also spent a few days trying to master Photoshop Elements. I've had it for a few years, but have just never had much time to sit and work through editing photos. For my birthday, a friend gave me a voucher for an A2 personalised canvas so I wanted to choose a photo for that.  In case you're thinking the canvas sounds pretty small, it's not the US A2 card size but the international A2 which measures 40 x 60cm!

The photo I wanted to use wasn't quite large enough for the frame size, so I had to extend it and add on 4 sections for the wrapped areas. I found a couple of useful tutorials while I was at it.  Check out Damien Symonds directions here and some instructions for extending areas of a photo here.

And here's the finished canvas. You'd never know that all wrapped areas were added on!

P1020952_new


1 comment:

  1. OH!MY! what a photo,and what an excellent job you did with the wrapping. Clever gal......this is so special. ....have a good day.

    ReplyDelete