Saturday, November 27, 2010

Embellish holidays colour challenge


 I saw the Embellish Magazine holiday challenge using these colours and thought it would be fun to try something other than a card. Since I've been in tag-making mode the last few weeks, I thought I'd just continue!  Here's what I came up with:


The tag and 'suburst' shape are free svg  files I cut with my cricut.  I had  real issues with stamping the round tag frame and sentiment  - I must have stamped that thing about half a dozen times before I got it properly lined up. Maybe my eyesight is finally going?  But here it is in all its glory:


Supplies
Paper  - SU pirouette pink, PTI pure poppy, spring moss, cosmo cricket jolly by golly patterned paper
Stamps - PTI 2008 holiday tags
Ink - SU riding hood red, versafine onyx black, PTI vintage tea dye duo
Accessories - cricut cie cuts, vintage lace, PTI dark chocolate grosgrain, spring moss satin ribbon, spring moss button, rustic cream button twine, SU felt snowflakes, pink pirouette grosgrain ribbon,  red stickles, kaisercraft brad, glue dots, dimensionals, fabric glue, sewing machine

13 comments:

  1. AWESOME TAG. I love it. That vintage lace is so great and oh my word.....did you actually stitch the brown grosgrain onto the pink? Brilliant. Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely, lovely! I think I am in love with that sheet music paper! Gonna have to check that out! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my! Anne...these are gorgeous!! I love how you used the challenge colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so, so pretty!!! All of the details put together make me smile. Just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! What an interesting and fantastic combination! So many details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that lace adds such an old-fashioned girliness - I just love it! I used to have trouble lining up the circle stamps like that...so I just stopped - ha! Glad you perservered though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous! I love the lacey doily peeking out from behind the sunburst shape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful, the combination of colors and design
    are terrific. Good Job,
    tip: try using the stamp-ma-jig to
    help line up the words in your die.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty tag. All the layers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag! Love all the little detais you created!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this tag is fabulous!!! I love the ribbons and snowflake detail! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete