Friday, January 18, 2013

Papertrey MIM #100

Yes, it's the 100th Make it Monday challenge at Papertrey Ink. You can see the details and play along here.  This challenge couldn't have come at a better time, because I was looking for ways to package up this card and send it to a friend who's just had a baby boy:

P1020882_new

Since the ribbon round the sweater makes it a bit bulky, I decided to make an envelobox for mailing. I followed the instructions in this post and am really pleased with how it turned out. I used the same patterned paper I used on the card, together with the cute heart from Knit Bits. I die cut and stamped the address label for more of a polished look:

P1020900_new

The envelobox is about 1/4 inch thick which just accommodates the ribbon nicely. Of course, you could always make it a bit thicker by adjusting the score lines slightly. I'm sure I'll be making some more of these!

P1020901_new


Supplies

3 comments:

  1. Love, your envelope matching the card. soo special. ...have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute and so creative. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so adorable! I love the matching boxed envelope as well. Great idea! Thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete