Thursday, January 02, 2014

I'm back

Oops sorry for the absence. No excuse really. I was away and then busy with work but I think I just needed a bit of a break.

I've been busy with scrapbooking (including a new Project Life album) but what I want to show you today is some jewellery I've been making. One of my Christmas presents was a kit for making tray pendants and I've been having a great time choosing images, preparing them and turning them into cute pendants I can give as gifts.

I didn't like the images that came with the kit, but there are loads of collage templates on Etsy, or to download for free. I got my images from Piddix and Digitalya on Etsy.

I also found a really helpful tutorial on how to prep printed images for use in glass tile pendants. One of the best tips was the need to seal trays made of certain kinds of metals because they react with the diamond glaze. You can check out the details here.

And here are a couple of examples.  This one was made using some scrapbooking paper:

P1030367_new

And this one uses an image from one of the collage sheets I bought:

P1030366_new

I'm really pleased with the results!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne, this gorgeous. I especially like the collage sheet. but both are beautiful. you did good.....Hugs

    ReplyDelete