Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cutting felt with the cricut

I saw this post which explains how to cut felt with the cricut so thought I should have a go. I'm pleased to report that it works  well and I'm really excited at the thought of being able to easily make my own felt embellishments.  I used Heat n Bond ultra hold to stabilise the felt and removed the paper backing paper  before placing the felt on a new cutting mat.  As I have the Create which doesn't have a multicut function, I used the deep blade housing. Blade set to 6, speed and pressure to maximum.

I cut a circle using the George cartridge and a flower from Accent Essentials:


And here are my simple embellishments using buttons and twine:


Supplies
Accessories - cricut, George & Basic Shapes cartridge, Accent Essentials cartridge, wool felt, Heat n Bond ultra hold

No comments:

Post a Comment