Monday, May 14, 2012

Cookarty


Is the name of a crafting weekend I'm going to be attending next month at my LSS. The theme is retro cookery which conjures up images of a domestic goddess like this one.

We're going to be trying out lots of different techniques and making an inspiration book devoted to the theme.  There will also be a lot of eating involved (we are bringing baking to share and having a dinner on Saturday night) plus recipe swaps and other activities. 

The first thing on the programme is an artist trading card (ATC) swap so this weekend I've been making the cards to share. I decided to make a couple of examples using PTI's Friendship Jar stamps which fit in perfectly with the theme. Even managed to find some gingham paper which I think has that great retro look. And here's what I came up with:


P1010971

Might not be very easy to see, but the jars have an acetate layer on top to give them a bit of shine. I 're-purposed' the acetate boxes that Papertrey stamps come in.


Supplies
Other - Creative Memories gingham paper, acetate

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved these little jars. And the acetate is a great idea to make them look more glassy. Cookarty - what a cute name!

    ReplyDelete