Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Craft room makeover

I've been wanting to increase work space in my craft room for a while now. Up until now, I've had two computer desks in the room - one for craft and one for laptop and 'office' but there's a lot of wasted space as you can see from these photos:

P1020948_new


P1020951_new

I've been looking for tables that could run the length of the wall above which measures 3 metres.   I was even wondering if I'd have to have something made, but the solution was Ikea Linnmon tables which come in a variety of lengths - 2m, 1.5m and 1m. The 2m and 1m combo (60cm wide) fit perfectly. And here's the finished half of the room:

P1030130_new

The best thing about this new arrangement is that I now have a dedicated sewing area where I can leave my machine set up and don't have to keep unpacking and packing it away in the spare room wardrobe!

I also have a much larger desk area which will be perfect when I'm working on my Project Life album for my niece.  I'm still using the smaller computer desk for now, while I figure out what I'd like to do with the other half of the room:

P1030131_new

P1030132_new

This is the main storage unit and I'm wondering about replacing it with a large Expedit which would take up most of the wall. Another 1m Linnmon table would replace the computer desk and make an L-shaped work area. Just need to figure out what to do with the printer!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne, I think its great. well organized.....have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you made space to keep your sewing machine out all of the time!

    ReplyDelete