Thursday, May 26, 2016

Cameo dust cover

When I ordered my Silhouette Cameo recently, I didn't buy a cover for it.  of course, after I hit 'purchase' I saw several owners recommending a dust cover be used. There's nowhere close to me that stocks Silhouette products, and I didn't want to wait until the next time I put in an online order somewhere, so I decided to make my own.

There are several free patterns available online - I used the one from Erin at Schlosser Designs which you can get here. They're pretty easy to make - you just need a rectangular piece of material and two end pieces. I managed to find some fabric in my stash.

Here are my pieces cut and ready.



And here's my finished cover.



It only took about 15 minutes and I saved myself a few dollars I can spend on something more exciting ;) So if you're short of a cover, give it a go!


6 comments:

  1. that is cute...wonder if I could make one for my cricut

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the silhouette cover, but your's is WAY cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! It's super cute! Very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! It's super cute! Very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great, well done on putting your sewing skills to such handy use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne, clever gal, this is beautiful and well done, saving a penny these days is a big bonus. love it.

    ReplyDelete