Wednesday, February 09, 2011

With sympathy

A friend of my mother's commissioned me to make a sympathy card for her. The recipient is a woman who is a card maker so I wanted to make something really special.  I decided to use soft muted colours instead of grey/purple which is what I've tended to use before. Here's what I came up with:

Photobucket


Supplies
Paper - PTI stamper's vintage cream,Basic Grey Curio patterned paper
Stamps - PTI Mega Mixed Messages (sentimennt)
Ink - SU cholcolate chip, PTI vintage tea dye duo
Accessories - Curio layered pop sticker, vintage lace, sewing machine, paper doily, wrinkle ribbon, glitter button, embroidery thread, foam tape, glue dots

12 comments:

  1. Anne your card is BEAUTIFUL! I am sure she will enjoy it, and it will bring her comfort during this hard time..
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,wow! This is beautiful! Love all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anne, this is gorgeous! Love the colors and the beautiful details. I am sure she will appreciate and cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful- I love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful soft layers and patterns Anne. That ribbon is gorgeous. I have to get some - I really like the soft and wispy bows that you can make!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just lovely! I like the dimensional affect of the card along with the lovely ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Anne. Love the colors and the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is breathtaking! I adore every glorious, vintage-y filled speck of this card! The lace topper is so innovatively placed. Sorry you had cause to make this card, but it is beautiful and sure to bring comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anne........This is so, so pretty. I think your mom's friend is really going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sad to have to make sympathy cards, but this one is soooo beautiful. It's just the right mix of elegance and softness. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the little details...that glitter button is too cute !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really really pretty...with lots of extras with your sewing and that doily bit and the pretty lace...she'll love it and as a fellow cardmaker will totally appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete