Sunday, August 25, 2013

Stamp-a-Faire- tea staining technique

Thought I'd have a go at a couple of projects for PTI's Stamp-a-Faire. The first challenge was to use tea to dye some fabric. You can check out the post and videos here.

All I had on hand was some vintage lace, so I popped that in a bowl with some black tea bags. I also managed to use the tea to stain some card stock. I then inked the edges of the card stock with PTI's tea dye duo. Here's my layered flower tag.  I cut apart the lace to make the leaves:

P1030124_new


Thought I might actually invest in some muslin, so I can use the technique for making some fabric flowers!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne, this is my favorite. love the vintage look about the project. and what clever idea with the lace. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete