Monday, July 02, 2012

Cookarty weekend

A couple of weeks ago I attended a craft weekend at my local scrapbook store.  It was the Cookarty weekend which I described in this post.

There were 15 of us creating together and enjoying learning lots of new techniques.   We put together books which celebrate our love of things retro and cooking.  Here we are after our dinner on Saturday night:

2012-06-09 19.03.54

We received a kit of materials for the weekend - all kinds of vintage findings, pieces of cardstock, paper and fabric to use on our projects.

cookarty pack

And we took our packets of materials and turned them into something like this:

P1020007_new

The book covers are made from table mats!


I've made lots of pockets for holding recipe cards. I'm planning to include some of my all time favourite recipes, particularly the ones that my mother used to make.  

The page on the right has a wax background. We used beeswax and its smells lovely! 




I had lots of fun decorating a range of pages and making little embellishments.





We also had an ATC (Artist Trading Card) and recipe swap. 


P1020024_new

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic, and so special, what a wonderful idea, and what a wonderful gift and keepsake for family and friends.. Boy'! I sure would have liked to be in that class. this is gorgeous and so interesting....thanks for sharing....hugs

    ReplyDelete