Saturday, November 28, 2009

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge 108

Wasn't sure what card to do when I saw the sketch for the latest challenge from Beate.  But I recently found a butterfly template that I wanted to try out so thought I would incorporate that.

I actually printed the template in 3 sizes so I can layer the butterflies, but for this card am just using the smallest butterfly which measures 2 inches across the wings. Got the idea for the string antennae from Dawn McVey - thanks Dawn!  To make my templates, I glued my printed butterfly outlines to a mylar plastic sheet and then cut them out (the kind of plastic that you buy for making quilting templates).

Cut out the circles using my cricut and the red one wasn't cut very cleanly so I decided to distress the edge and stamp it with chocolate chip.  Used a dimensional to pop out the butterfly.

Here is my card:




And a close up view of the butterfly:



Supplies:
Paper - SU chocolate chip, baja breeze, riding hood red, Bella Rose designer paper
Stamps - PTI mega mixed messages
Ink - SU chocolate chip
Accessories - SU chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, butterfly template, button, linen thread, dimensional

No comments:

Post a Comment