Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Distressed flowers

Recently saw some lovely flower embellishments from Prima but thought it would be more fun to make my own. I cut out circles of various sizes using my cricut and the George and Basic Shapes cartridge then distressed and sponged the edges and crinkled the card a bit to give them  a more interesting look.  Then put them together using a button for the centre.  I was a bit worried the layers might separate, so stitched them together using linen thread. I punched two holes through the stack using my paper piercer which made the stitching a breeze!

Here is the finished card



The sentiment is from my new giga guidelines set from Papertrey Ink and the blue and green panels were shaped with the embossed curve punch from EK Success.

Supplies:
Paper - cream card from stash, SU chocolate chip, kiwi kiss, tempting turquoise, summer sun, good morning sunshine designer paper
Images - PTI giga guidelines
Ink - SU chocolaate chip
Accessories - cricut die cuts, buttons, linen thread, EK success embossed curve punch

No comments:

Post a Comment