Friday, April 16, 2010

Becky's compose a card #9

 
Here is the card I made for Becky's latest  compose a card challenge.  The grid layout made me think of  those old insect collections so I wanted to use one of the butterflies from PTI's butterfly dreams to create a 'prettier' display! 


The blue butterfly is popped up which I think fits with the sentiment.  I sponged the edges of the base and layer with PTI's tea dye duo and used my white gel pen to add some faux stitching.


Supplies
Paper - SU kraft, kiwi kiss, baja breeze, riding hood red, bella rose designer paper
Stamps - PTI butterfly dreams
Ink - Memento tuxedo black, PTI tea dye duo
Accessories - foam mounting tape, white gel pen

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love all the colors you have going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. Love the colors and the way you anchored the sentiment. Always love a butterfly! Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you used paper butterflies. :) Very pretty, and your stitching is so much neater than mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fabulous card, I love the colors, the butterflies, everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the squares of Designer Series Paper, and your faux stitching - this is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete