Monday, April 05, 2010

One layout two cards

This is a case of a card I saw on Dawn McVey's blog that uses a library card designed by Heather Nichols. In my quest to use up some scraps ( yes still more!) thought I'd make two similar cards and just change round one of the colours and use a different focal element. For this one I cut flowers using my cricut and the Home Decor cartridge.  The stitched brad is from Basic Grey:


The second features butterflies from PTI's Butterfly Dreams (just love that set!):


Supplies
Paper - SU chocolate chip, summer sun, kiwi kiss, tangerine tango, Good Morning Sunshine designer paper, Core'dinations chocolate box
Stamps - PTI butterfly dreams, mega mixed messages
Ink - SU chocolate chip
Accessories - SU chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, EK success embossed scallop punch, cricut die cuts, Basic grey stitched brad, Heather's library card, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love these cards! I love the library cards, I downloaded them from Heather but have yet to use them. Thanks for the inspiration to do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both very pretty and colorful! I love how you placed your focal images on the library cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the library cards!! Beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the library cards. I love your color combos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty cards! I love the color combos and te library cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Love the sketch you have used.

    ReplyDelete